Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Testing...testing. Does this thing work?


Why??? Why am I doing this, you may ask? There are so many blogs out there that neither of us has the time or desire to read, so why in the world would I start one and hope/expect that anyone else would read it? Well, partly because I anticipate having some free time at night since I don't think Glee or Gossip Girl will be showing in Poland, but also it gives me a way to "talk" to you so I don't miss you too much. So mostly, this is for me. If you read any of it, that's just a bonus, as I'd love to share my adventures with you. My flight to Warsaw is only two weeks away (assuming I get my visa back from the Polish consulate in time) and I'm not really nervous about the move yet. I think it's because I will be spending most of those 2 weeks in Hawaii, relaxing, eating and seeing my family on both Maui and Oahu (see the morning view from my condo). I have to fatten up for the Winter, after all. Life is tough.


The purpose of the "tortilla" blog is to share experiences, culture, a few pictures, and any enlightenment I come across. As you may know, at home I eat tortillas and salsa every morning for breakfast (for the last 8 years or so), and one of my big questions is if I can find that same breakfast in Poland (or if I can pry myself away from it??). Since there are so many other questions I have and customs I want to explore in Eastern Europe, I thought it would be a good name for the blog.

There are several things about my move that I am excited about:
- You visiting me
- Meeting people from all of the countries in CEE
- Finding my new "tortilla"
- Exploring Poland and the rest of Central/Eastern Europe (preferably on PwC)
- Eating "local" foods everywhere (especially Hungarian goulash!)
- Traveling even more
- Learning more about the Polish culture and history, including the prevalence of the Communist influence in CEE
- Learning another language well enough to communicate more than "Where is the bathroom?" and "No cheese please, or I will die"
- Having visitors like you
- Meeting a Polish girl named Dorota
- Poland hosting the soccer Euro Cup 2012
- Getting my own TV show on the Travel Channel
- Seeing you in Poland

So that's a little background of what this blog is all about. I'll be updating it periodically and if you want me to email you a link every time I update, please let me know and I'd be happy to. I still plan to post pictures on Facebook, and will also post a link to this blog there whenever I update...so you will probably be sick of me and my life very soon. Sorry.

Thanks for reading and I'll talk to you soon!

4 comments:

  1. Maybe not... but they will have KIELBASA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are welcome tsak:

    http://translate.google.com/#en|pl|no%20cheese.%20i%20will%20die.

    ReplyDelete