Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Ready for your visit!!! (and mailing address)


After looking at various apartments all over the city, I finally settled on a place in Old Town, with YOU in mind (I'll tell you what I mean). If you have not yet been to Warsaw, Old Town is a very nice area, with lots of restaurants, pubs, and people. It's one of the most popular places for tourists as well (so you will fit right in!), because it is the most "Old European feeling" area in the city, with narrow, stone roads, a large square in the middle, and quaint buildings. Yesterday I opened my window and could hear a guy playing a saxophone just down the street. Funny because last year I saw Kenny G, the all time greatest hair wearer/sax player in a bar in Warsaw.

Upon my observations, many locals visit the area for dinner, to go on dates, and especially to go to the new Subway for a 15 cm sub (what that means in American, I don't know). Besides all that greatness, it's good for you because when you visit, you will love the area, and I can just let you loose, without you getting lost trying to find a bar or delicious pierogi. Here's a view of my street and of the square:



(Yes, I live within a castle wall! The neighboring plunderers will never be able to get me)


It's about a 10 minute walk to the Metro, which I can take to work, but there are also trams I can take when it is too cold to walk to the Metro station (6 months/year). In the Winter I am sure I will walk faster so I don't freeze to death, so we'll say its about a 7-8 minute walk in the Winter. There are several little shops around, including small drug stores and markets. I will tell you more about my adventures buying groceries later (oh boy).

Inside, the place has been recently remodeled. All of the pictures are on Facebook, which you can access from the link below. A couple funny features are the slash in my address (Krzywe Kolo 26/28), and the fact I cannot pronounce it), the washing machine in the kitchen next to the dishwasher (no dryer), a storage room in the dungeon, the toilet and the shower in separate rooms, and the fact that I have skeleton keys. Seriously, do people other than pirates still use those? It's about 54 sq meters (yea, I don't know what that means either), but there is really no wasted space, so it feels pretty big (twss). Please come see for yourself!

Here is a link to all of my pictures on facebook.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2680535&id=10732812&l=c297f3bdb7

And here's my address!

Krzywe Kolo 26/28 m. 7 (that means apartment #7)
Warsaw, Poland 00-270

No comments:

Post a Comment