Saturday, June 4, 2011

10 Side Trips to Take When You Visit Me Because I Really Want to Go to There (part 1 of 2)

This list features 10 places in Central/Eastern Europe (some obscure) that I really want to see. I wanted to share them with you so that you will come here to go to there with me. I don't mention the "usual" places like Greece, Italy, Switzerland, Turkey, Sweden, and a million other places, but I clearly would like to go to there as well.

I also don't mention Sarajevo, Riga, Prague or Budapest because I've been there - but I can definitely recommend them if you want to go!

10. Vienna, Austria and Bratislava, Slovakia

Vienna and Bratislava are merely 40 miles apart. If you visit one, a trip to the other seems like a necessity.

Vienna

Bratislava Castle

Bratislava at night

9. Berlin, Germany

Berlin is only a few hours away on the train.  It's the closest big city to Warsaw, and obviously has a lot of history to learn about there. 



 8. Ukraine

There are a lot of places to visit in Ukraine, but Kiev and Lviv are what I am most interested in.  Like many Eastern European cities, the history and culture is quite fascinating.  Ukraine also has cheap vodka and beautiful women (supposedly!)

 Kiev

 Lviv

7. Montenegro

Everyone raves about the coast of Montenegro.  Just take a look at these pictures and you will see why.  Let's go!




6. St. Petersburg, Russia

I will actually be going to St. Pete in a few weeks as an add-on to a work trip to Moscow.  It will be White Nights (it won't get dark), so look for my post about it!

St. Pete at night

 Bridges


When you are finally ready to visit, we can think about some side trips, such as these.  Start planning now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment